1. Carefully STUDY the page titled “Why You Should Protect Your Home Against Lightning."
2. Make a simple drawing of your building's roof plan with measurements (length, height, width, etc.).
3. Study the Example Installation.
4. Draw on your diagram the location of Cable, Roof and Ground Rods, etc. (Refer to the Example Installation to see how this is done.)
5. Study each piece of equipment in our web site. You will need at least the following items for your lightning protection system:
- Conductor cable
- Clips to secure the cable in place
- Ground rods or ground plates
- Ground rod clamps
- Screws or nails for the cable clip holders
- Possibly some crimp or bolt tension parallel splicers
- Crimp or bolt tension end to end splicers
- Crimp or bolt tension tee splicers
- Surge protection equipment at least for the main breaker panel.
6. Make a list of what you will need - add a little extra cable to allow for bends and ground rod connections, etc.
7. Decide if you want copper or aluminum materials.
8. Order online or call in to place your order. We have many parts that are available and not shown online. Too much information can confuse people so we list just the basics but we can cover any type of situation.
Next Page: Why To Protect Your Home or Business >>